Monday, January 24, 2011

Orlando, here we come...

So after a crazy hospital weekend and a snow day the next day we were off with Colt's parents to Orlando, FL for the International Builders Show. I was so excited about going because it was going to be Parker's 1st time to Disney World, my 1st Homebuilders Conference, College Nationals, and spending time with friends and family! Unfortunately, there was a little change of plans...

After we arrived in Orlando, we had lunch and walked around Downtown Disney. Then we checked into our hotel, and as we started to unpack, Parker vomited all over our suitcase.  Colt and I were in shock - we did not know what to do.   We thought it may have been the plane ride and the traveling, because he started acting normal, took a nap, and was in a great mood.  We were invited to eat dinner with and decided to go.  Boy were we wrong... at the end of the very nice dinner... projectile vomit... I felt AWFUL!!! I felt like a bad parent for having Parker out late and was praying no one got sick at dinner!!

The next day I stayed in with Parker all day and we had a nice day.  He went 24 hours without throwing up and again seemed great so we decided to take him to the Harry Potter Theme Park - Alagasco invited us for dinner and rides - the park was closed to the public and we had it all to ourselves!  I was SO excited about this because I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan!! I walked through the Harry Potter park in awe. I LOVED IT!! The first thing I did was get a butter beer (NO alcohol) - it was so yummy and better than I expected;) After Colt got to ride the roller coasters, we went back to the hotel and put Parker to bed... we had made it through the day, he was better!!  Or not, as he was falling asleep, he threw up again?!?! Ok, now I really feel like the worse parent ever!!!

Thursday, we were scheduled to eat breakfast with the Disney characters at were then going to Disney World for the day.  However, we canceled the day not knowing how Parker was going to feel. It was a good thing we did, Parker got sick again when we woke up. POOR guy!! Thursday was the worst day, he actually looked and acted like he felt bad.  It was nice having Colt and his parents the whole day to help entertain.

Friday morning rolls around and we have been another 24 hour period without Parker getting sick!  I decided to keep Parker in the hotel for the day just in case he got sick again. Colt's mom stayed in with Parker so Shannon and I could visit and watch the Alabama Cheerleaders practice!! We had a great time visiting with everyone and it brought back some fun memories! Shannon and I were thinking if we weren't pregnant we could still do the pyramids;) We were not able to see them compete but they WON Nationals!! I think it is the 1st time since 1982!?! Shannon and I had lunch and had so much fun spending time together.  It was nice not having to rush and being able to enjoy the day! When we got back, Parker and Colt's mom were ready to get out and walk around the hotel grounds! We walked around and sat by the pool and enjoyed the beautiful weather! After Colt and his dad got back from the conference, they joined us and we got some ice cream by the pool! We took a late nap and then ended our trip with dinner at Margaritaville. It was a yummy dinner!

Parker was so good even though he did not feel well! He is a pro traveler and did great flying! He even has his own luggage! We had a great time considering it did not go quite as planned;) Also, we were staying at the Hard Rock Hotel - thankfully it was SO nice and they had a laundry service and room service - it saved the trip!

I am SO sorry for all of the long blogs - I just feel like I cannot leave anything out!

Mommy and Parker on the plane!
 Big boy in his own seat! 
 Parker with his big boy luggage 

 Hard Rock Hotel Room
 The hotel gave Parker a toy guitar! How cute!
Byroms, Andersons and Johnstons! Harry Potter Park!!
Shannon and I toasting our Butter Beers! 

 How Parker spent a lot of the trip;(

 Took this for Cooper! 
Hanging at the Hard Rock Hotel
 Playing in the water!
 The most fun he had all week! 

Family Picture
On the way home! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment