My sweet grandaddy Raymond has been pretty sick and in and out of the hospital for about a month now. I got a phone call last Thursday afternoon that I needed to come see him. So, I booked a flight that night to fly out the next afternoon. I cannot put into words what I was feeling - I was pretty much an emotional mess. I wanted to get to him, but leaving the boys was so hard... especially, when Parker and Beckett where both hugging me and not letting me put either one of them down. Parker was saying "I want you MomMom, don't leave me." I cannot tell you how many times I cried that day.
When I arrived it was so good to see my family but I wish it was for different reasons. Seeing my grandaddy was really hard at first. He is one of the strongest men I know, and he has been more than just my grandaddy!
When I first arrived, I thought I was not going to be able to handle it. I felt bad because I felt like I kept making everyone else cry. But, after everyone left and he woke up, we just talked and talked. He is up all night - and he does not like to be alone and is nervous. That was so heartbreaking to me - so I was right there with him . Physically, he was not well, but mentally he was so sharp! The next day, he really perked up and had a great day! I left Sunday morning - I really did not want to leave. The only thing that made me come home was my three sweet blessings from God waiting for me.
My family and their friends are taking such sweet care of him. I am so thankful! I wanted to take pictures of how sweet and selfless everyone is - pure love.
Monday he went back to the hospital - I would like to ask you all to keep my grandaddy Raymond in your prayers! I want to write so much more - this blog is just not enough. I love him so much!!
Grandmother Bonnie and Grandmother Raymond
(Last Summer)
No comments:
Post a Comment